PLEASE NOTE All athletes and spectators must wear a face mask while in our race site area. If you remove your mask in this area you will be asked to leave and you will be disqualified from the race. Athlete may only remove their mask when between the Start Line & Finish Line while you are actually racing. After crossing the finish-line you must put your mask back on until you leave the Race-Site
The Race start is chip timed, and athletes must be 6 feet a part. Your face mask must remain on until you physically cross the start line. Any athlete who removes their mask before crossing the start line will be disqualified from the race and asked to leave the race site.
Aid/Water stations. There are NONE. You must carry your own hydration!
Athletes & Spectators must print and complete the Health Screening paperwork to enter race site. CLICK HERE for more info.What can you expect from RaceAwesome to keep our athletes and the community safe?
Safety will always will be our #1 priority at RaceAwesome. Therefore, to conduct our race in 2020 we are taking the following steps to keep everyone safe:
Our REFUND POLICY like nearly everyone else is very clear and you agree to it during registration. "There are No Refunds and entries are Not Transferable"That said, if the race does not go forward on the planned date we will search for a new date and transfer your entry to the new race date. If you cant make that race date your entry will be deferred to the 2021 date. There will be no refunds of actual dollars. If we can't get a new date for the race in 2020, your entry will be deferred to the 2021 date. If you are registering for ANY RaceAwesome Event during these times you need to understand that this is how we will be handling things if dates change etc.
- The Race Course will be for athletes only. There is an absolute limit of one spectator per athlete. Spectators can watch (while social distancing) and wearing a mask only in the area of the glider field..
- Expect to see social distancing signage and hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE.
- All RaceAwesome staff and volunteers will be masked up at all times.
- All athletes will have their temperatures taken by RaceAwesome Staff before entering the preserve. Any athlete who records a temp above normal will have the opportunity to retake their temp. If still above normal, they will be asked to leave.
- We will start our races via a ‘staggered start,’ spacing our athletes (using cones) every 6 feet. We will use a rolling start with Chip timing so no one needs to crowd the start line.
- All athletes must wear a mask while in the preserve, masks can only be lowered during the time the athlete is racing (between start & finish line). No exceptions. Athletes may remove their mask to run or ride in the race, but must wear their mask once they have finished.
- Any Awards podiums will be socially distanced.
- Expect pre-wrapped, grab-and-go food post-race, or whole fruits handed out by staff wearing gloves and masks.
- There will be no water/aid stations, athletes must ‘carry their own hydration and nutrition.’
- We need all athletes & spectators to be responsible. Regardless of what they have been doing personally we require that they respect those athletes around them and practice social distancing at all times, they must wear a mask, and most importantly we ask that if they do not feel well to please stay home.
Please know that RaceAwesome is aware of and actively monitoring the rapidly changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We will be following the protocols set forth by Nassau & Suffolk County, which are derived from the Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, the US State Department, and the New York Department of Public Health. RaceAwesome will continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and communicate any updates we received to ensure we prioritize the wellbeing and safety of our athletes, staff/volunteers, and their families.
To reinforce health safety and best practices for illness prevention, please read the list below:
Please see the following additional resources and communications which may provide further answers to your questions.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
· CDC - Coronavirus Overview
· CDC - Travel Recommendations (China)
· CDC - Frequently Asked Questions
· CDC - Travelers Health
· WHO - Advice for Coronavirus
· U.S. Department of State - Country Specific Travel Information
· USOPC - Coronavirus Update