Please know that RaceAwesome is aware of and actively monitoring the rapidly changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We will be following the protocols set forth by Nassau & Suffolk County, which are derived from the Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, the US State Department, and the New York Department of Public Health. RaceAwesome will continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and communicate any updates we received to ensure we prioritize the wellbeing and safety of our athletes, staff/volunteers, and their families.
At present, RaceAwesome has suspended online registration for events thru September. We understand athletes will use their own discretion with regard to what is best for their families. We strongly recommend reviewing the safe practices outlined in the links provided by our government agencies below.Our REFUND POLICY like nearly everyone else is very clear and you agree to it during registration. "There are No Refunds and entries are Not Transferable"That said, if the race does not go forward on the planned date we will search for a new date and transfer your entry to the new race date. If you cant make that race date your entry will be deferred to the 2021 date. There will be no refunds of actual dollars. If we can't get a new date for the race in 2020, your entry will be deferred to the 2021 date. If you are registering for ANY RaceAwesome Event during these times you need to understand that this is how we will be handling things if dates change etc.
To reinforce health safety and best practices for illness prevention, please read the list below:
Please see the following additional resources and communications which may provide further answers to your questions.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
· CDC - Coronavirus Overview
· CDC - Travel Recommendations (China)
· CDC - Frequently Asked Questions
· CDC - Travelers Health
· WHO - Advice for Coronavirus
· U.S. Department of State - Country Specific Travel Information
· USOPC - Coronavirus Update